Are You Looking for Easy and Quick Salads? Here are 4 Simple & Supportive Ideas!
Greek Chip Chop
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and diced if preferred (I use Trader Joe’s Dried because they do not contain Citric Acid*)
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives, pitted and diced if preferred (look for those that do not contain Citric Acid*)
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Bunch of Mint, diced
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Chop all and toss in a bowl with a drizzle of EVOO and a squeeze of Lemon
Sauerkraut is our friend….
Okay.. how many of you have been to a family event when you had the yummy cucumber and red onion salad with the white vinegar dressing? Me!! I’ve always been a fan. This twist actually make it easier with Bubbie’s Brand Sauerkraut. Why do I love this brand??? It does not have any fillers or preservatives! Take a look next time you shop.
Fermented foods are supportive for the gut. The beneficial bacteria help restore and maintain a healthy balance. Bubbies brand of sauerkraut is a clean option and makes eating healthy even easier.
Carrot & Raisin Salad
For those that want a non-mayonnaise option CLICK HERE. It is so simple you will wonder why you didn’t do this before. I like making it a day before so that the flavors combine and the carrots soften a tad.
*Note you can make your own mayonnaise or shop for a clean mayo that does not have any added sugar, preservatives and made with a clean and supportive oil. I am a fan of Primal Brand Mayonnaise and Sir Kensington which can be found on Amazon, Whole Foods or Thrive Markets.
- 1 Bag or Organic Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup of Organic Dried Fruit (Dried Cherries without added sugar and Dried Raisins that does not have any added preservatives)
- 1 Bunch of Diced Fresh Mint or Basil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons-1/4 Cup Clean Mayonnaise
- Combine all in a bowl and cover and store in a glass dish. *I prefer Glasslock Storage System which you can find on Amazon.
Family Favorite Pickle Salad:
4 Organic Pickles Diced Finely
1/2 Jar Bubbies Sauerkraut
4 Cups of Shredded Organic Cabbage
Sea Salt & Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a glass dish, cover and store*
*I prefer Glasslock Storage System which you can find on Amazon.