Want to Start Blogging?
I was very intimidated to start my first blog. Making a list of possible names that described what my blog was about ended up being fun. My family and friends shared their favorites and we narrowed it down to Cleanly Consumed. I wasn’t tech savvy (blogging keeps you in the loop and up to date for sure!) and I was a tad indecisive which slowed things down. I learned a lot along the way and… then it was launch day! Oh how I wish I had a Mentor share their Blogging Tips from the Start and Resources. No worries- I have it summarized for you.
It all starts with 5 Basic Blogging Tips!
- Identify your Niche. I’ve seen tons of different themes: Food, Fashion, Photography, Children, Teaching and some really fine niche ideas like hamster cages, followers of favorite designers and children’s fashion designers that sell their pattern downloads right on their site!
- Come up with a Name! Check the availability of your name on all platforms- Domain, Email and all Social Media Platforms.
- Select your Colors. Selecting a color theme- 1 main color and complimentary shades of colors to go along with that. There are color palettes you can purchase on-line but having a idea in mind will help you make a decision.
- What is the goal for your Site? Are you creating your blog for fun- hobby, or to grow into earning passive income or supporting an existing business? Take some time to start a journal and write down some goals to help you stay on track.
- Set it in motion! If you are just getting started I would highly recommend Suzi with Start a Mom Blog. Continue reading for more on her program below. If you are seasoned and would like a new look or help with refreshing your site I have links for designers I have used below. HAVE FUN!
*Bonus Tip- Do Not.. repeating this… Do Not aim for perfection. We are not perfect and with time your blog will grow, change and become exactly what you want it to be!
There are no limits and your creativity can be the thing that makes your BLOG successful!
Below are few things, people and resources that helped me along the way. Blogging Tips and simple ways to start a blog.. and fast!
Suzi with Start a Mom Blog has a wonderful step-by-step program that literally walks you through every step. Her Paint-By-Number eBook & Course is a great item to put on your gift wish list! She has a great post on New Mom Bloggers!
If you are a seasoned blogger that is looking for more ways to nurture and grow she has courses for you too: eBOOK, Income Journey, Growing your List and more!
Click Here or on Suzi’s Logo Below and you will be directed to her site to find out more!!
There are lots of ways you can make part-time or full-time income from blogging:
How-To Videos & More
Resources to Help you Take that Leap!
Suzi with Start a Mom Blog really has that niche down! CLICK ON LOGO BELOW to be directed to her site. Her program walks you through everything from creating a logo, a favicon, photo retouching, creating Pinterest Images and more!
Design Elements or Refresh your Site!
If you are looking for someone to help with those sometimes daunting tasks of graphics, social media set-up, blog services and more then check out Fiverr. Fiver is a graphics, web and media outlet to reach those that are technically savvy for those times when you just don’t have the time. We all have different gifts and the goal is to get your site up and running optimally! CLICK HERE or on the Fiverr Image below!
You can also CLICK HERE for more info on Fiverr!
If you are like I was…. not knowing where or how to make quick statement graphics here is what I found the MOST helpful and user friendly.
Gourmet Ads is a great on line marketing company. If you have a food and beverage themed blog consider them. Find out more by clicking HERE!
*This page includes affiliate links! It is one of the fabulous ways to earn income while you enjoy your hobby or job from home! Want to know more about how I personally earn money blogging with advertising, affiliate links and more? Awesome- reach out to me! You can follow up on social media and comment or you can send me an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org