Authentic Italian Pasta Gravy
This Rich and Hearty Sauce is thick and filling! Don’t let the name fool you- it is absolutely worth making and it is clean eating approved! Get ready to roll -up your sleeves and invite some friends over with big pots for a Authentic Pasta Gravy Party! The longer it cooks, the better it gets… make it fun! For those short on time- there is a Time Saver Option with an Instapot. For those that have not heard of an Instapot… is is a 7 in 1 appliance that truly makes clean eating easier!
Are you ready!!!
- (2) 12 Ounce Cans Tomato Paste (Muir Glen Organic)
- (4) 12 Ounce Cans Diced Tomatoes (Muir Glen Organic)
- (2) 12 Ounce Cans Tomato Sauce (Muir Glen Organic)
- 1 Large White Onion- Chopped
- *Basil- Fresh, Dried or Culinary Grade Essential Oil
- *Herbs & Spices: Salt & Pepper, Oregano, Rosemary
- Small Beef Chuck Roast (Bone-In)
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- Red Wine
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- *Oregano Culinary Grade Essential Oil (1 Drop)- or Sub 1 Teaspoon Dried
- *Black Pepper Culinary Grade Essential Oil (1 Drop)- or Sub 1/4 Teaspoon Ground
- *Rosemary Culinary Grade Essential Oil (1 Drop)- or Sun 1 Teaspoon Dried
- *Basil Culinary Grade Essential Oil (2 Drops)- or sub 1 Teaspoon of Dried
Instructions for Stove Top:
- Add all cans of Tomatoes, Tomato Paste and Sauce to a big pot on low heat.
- Add in a full hand of parsley, essential oils or dried herbs
- Trim chuck roast and season with salt
- Place in a pan with clean oil and brown meat on all sides- do not cook fully.
- Add full roast to big soup pot with tomato mixture.
- In the same sautee pan add in the chopped opnions (white and green) and sauté until soft and add to soup pot
- Add 3/4 Cup of red wine to soup pot
- Turn on high heat and stir until moisture cooks out and add 2 cans of water.
- Add as many hard boiled eggs as you wish, along with meatballs or anything you want at this time.
- Cook on low for 24 hours- the longer it cooks, the better the flavor.
*Time Saver…Instapot Method
- Using an Instapot-
- Add clean oil to Instapot Pan and Brown Roast on Sautee Setting
- Remove and set aside.
- Keeping on Sautee Setting, add more oil if needed and toss in chopped onions and sautee until soft.
- Add in all remaining ingredients including roast . DO NOT ADD EGGS AT THIS STEP.
- Set on Pressure Cooker- Meat/Stew setting (Approximatly 4 hours)
- Once completed, change to Slow Cooker Setting and stir as needed- Add Eggs at this time
- When stirring- use the back of the spoon to break up the roast- it should be very tender and break apart easily.
- Roasted or Baked Potatoes
- Rice Pasta- or other Gluten Free Option
- Spiralized or Chopped: Zuchinni, Squash or Sweet Potatoes
- Sautéed Spinach or other Greens
- Traditional Pasta if tolerated