Brussel Sprouts with Simple Balsamic Syrup-
I had to call it that rather than glaze! No sugar in this recipe- no way! Thanks to the zero calorie Monkfruit Sweetener I can proudly say SYRUP!
I found this gorgeous Brussel Sprout Stalk at Trader Joe’s this week. I love going to multiple stores to spot new finds. When I can fit in an extra stop I run in to see if there is anything new.
I had this on my counter for a few days before I prepared it and it was a gorgeous centerpiece. I will surely grab another one next time. I miss it already….as strange as that sounds. I can imagine one in a large glass vase surrounded by lemons and greenery. Fresh, different and all edible!
I started with a super easy Balsamic Syrup. Double the recipe if you want extra for desserts or other recipes.
- 8 ounces of Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Monkfruit Sweetener
- Sprinkling of Sea Salt (I prefer Celtic Sea Salt or Pink)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Organic Olive Oil
- Pour all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately turn down heat to simmer.
- Simmer until it starts to thicken 10-15 minutes.
- *Watch for the consistency that works for you. If it gets too thick you can toss the Sprouts to coat rather than drizzling.
- *Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Clean and Cut Sprouts.
- Toss the sprouts in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of EVOO.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes then pull out of oven and place back in bowl to toss in the Balsamic Syrup.
- Plate and serve
- Note: The measurements for the Balsamic Syrup are for having extra for other weekly recipes.