Brussel Sprouts with Simple Balsamic Syrup-
I had to call it that rather than glaze! No sugar in this recipe- no way! Thanks to the zero calorie Monkfruit Sweetener I can proudly say SYRUP!
I found this gorgeous Brussel Sprout Stalk at Trader Joe’s this week. I love going to multiple stores to spot new finds. When I can fit in an extra stop I run in to see if there is anything new.
I had this on my counter for a few days before I prepared it and it was a gorgeous centerpiece. I will surely grab another one next time. I miss it already….as strange as that sounds. I can imagine one in a large glass vase surrounded by lemons and greenery. Fresh, different and all edible!
I started with a super easy Balsamic Syrup. Double the recipe if you want extra for desserts or other recipes.
- 8 ounces of Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Monkfruit Sweetener
- Sprinkling of Sea Salt (I prefer Celtic Sea Salt or Pink)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Organic Olive Oil
- Pour all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately turn down heat to simmer.
- Simmer until it starts to thicken 10-15 minutes.
- *Watch for the consistency that works for you. If it gets too thick you can toss the Sprouts to coat rather than drizzling.
- *Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Clean and Cut Sprouts.
- Toss the sprouts in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of EVOO.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes then pull out of oven and place back in bowl to toss in the Balsamic Syrup.
- Plate and serve
- Note: The measurements for the Balsamic Syrup are for having extra for other weekly recipes.
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!