Clean Eating Brown Mustard Chicken- Comfortably Filling!
Chicken is so versatile…..after buying organic chicken, washing and patting it dry the secret is all in the sauce. This is an easy comfort food recipe using the darker meat in poultry.
Juice of 2 Lemons
1/4 Cup Organic Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Organic Garlic Powder
2 Pounds of Organic Chicken Thighs (Bone-In and Skin-On for extra crispness or without)
Pinch of Sea Salt
Pinch of White Pepper
1 Clove Garlic Minced
1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme (minced)
2 Tablespoons (divided) Organic Brown Mustard
2 Tablespoons Raw Organic Honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. To make the mustard rub, combine Olive Oil and 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add the Chicken Thighs and coat evenly.
3. Drizzle olive oil to lightly coat a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. In a separate bowl combine the Garlic, Thyme, Lemon, 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard, Lemon, and Honey in a bowl and mix well. Brush mixture on chicken with a basting brush.
3. Season each thigh with a pinch of salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.