Paleo, Clean & Supportive- Clean Eating Chocolate Fudge!
Yes….. having a sweet treat can be supportive. I am sure you have heard by now that chocolate can ease the edginess of a day. This is still a rich tasting recipe- so one square SHOULD satisfy you, but two if you really need an escape. I have been known to do that from time to time.
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Creamy Almond or Nut Butter (Unsalted- if salted then omit 1/8 teaspoon salt in recipe)
1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside (alternatively use a culinary silicone mold).
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients except Cacao Powder.
- Heat over medium heat and whisk until smooth, remove immediately- this step is for combining not to cook or heat to a high temperature
- Add Cacao Powder and whisk slowly until incorporated.
- Spoon into loaf pan or silicone molds and refrigerate for 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
*Want to know the difference between Cacao Powder and Cocoa Powder? Cacao Powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. Cocoa Powder looks like the same thing but is roasted at high temperatures. They both taste amazing but the Cacao powder has added benefits of having living enzymes. Cacao Butter is removed and the remaining part is the powder. Cacao is high in antioxidants and is a source of iron, magnesium and calcium. Nature has a lot to offer!