For the Love of Cherries- Dark Cherry Chicken
I feel in love with the mix of Dark Cherries on Chicken years ago at a restaurant called Gurgle’s. It was the cutest restaurant with white lights, white linens and a lot of small dinning rooms which made it unique. I would either order the Veggie Plate or the Dark Cherry Chicken. It is no longer open- so I started experimenting in my kitchen to create a remix that would bring me back to that quaint restaurant years ago.
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cherry reduction ingredients:
1 cup frozen pitted dark cherries
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Clean water, optional (if needed)
Ground arrowroot or rice flour, optional (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put all cherry reduction ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Once cherries begin thawing, turn heat down to a simmer.
Smash cherries with a fork and stir until they broken down into a slight reduction.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill on an indoor or outdoor grill until internal temperature reaches 185 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top with the cherry reduction.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Top with chopped basil or fresh thyme and plate with greens.
Note: May need a tablespoon of water to thin cherry glaze or too thicken, use ground arrowroot or rice flour.