Mornings are EASY with this Clean Eating DIY Granola!
No more reading labels on boxed cereals when you can make this supportive breakfast cereal or topping in a snap! Roasted oats lightly sweetened with a natural and low glycemic sweetener and some clean ad-ins offers you and your littles variety… and we all need that! This week I JUST REALLY needed chocolate and cherry with a few more surprises. If you are new to the clean eating world- take a peek at the labels on the cereal and see if you really know what all those ingredients are- including the vitamins! Take a look at the difference between Folic Acid and Folate by clicking here!
Idea & Tip! You can change up your mornings by adding this easy granola to top off a smoothie bowl that has some natural Folate in leafy greens that is easier for your body to process.
*Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
*Unsweetened Dried Cherries (Trader Joe’s)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate mixing cup, stir together the oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut/or/avacado oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through (tongs are great!).
- Remove from the oven and let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips and and any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.. if it last that long!
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!