Clean Eating Pie Crust- Grain Free!
Yes- you can make your pie and eat it too! This versatile recipe can have you whipping out a pie in no time. You likely already have these ingredients on hand! Coconut Flour, Butter, Salt, and either Coconut Oil or Grass-Fed Butter! It is surprisingly good and so far everyone that I have baked it for loved it. Even if they were trying to “be sweet”- the proof is in the clean plates and the “May I have seconds???” requested.
Coconut Flour seems come in a few textures. I prefer the Nutiva Brand and it can be found at Costco or on Amazon. I’ve seen it other places too- but this is where I get mine.
Coconut Pie Crust Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil Melted or Grass-Fed Butter Melted (It’s okay it is dessert to share!)
2 Large Organic Eggs
1/4 Teaspoon of Celtic Salt
3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons of Raw Honey
It is a blank canvas waiting for anything you want to put inside- Apple, Pecans/Nuts, Dairy Free Filling or make a Chicken Pot Pie with a Coconut Biscuit Topping!
Coconut Pie Crust Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a medium bowl beat butter, eggs, honey and salt together with a fork.
2. Add in the coconut flour and stir until dough forms and form a ball.
3. Place the dough into a greased pie pan (I use glass and ghee for greasing).
4. Prick the bottom of pie crust with a fork.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned
One of my favorites for this crust is Peach Pie!