Chocolate Mint Cups- Paleo & Clean!
Hi again! If you have seen my recent post.. you will know that I either have a sweet tooth or the holidays are right around the corner!! Who says you can’t make your holiday gifts and eat them too? These are a great idea to make ahead of time and pop out of the fridge when unexpected guest come by… another reason to not feel guilty :).
½ cup coconut oil, melted to liquid form
1/8 to ¼ cup raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 – 6 drops peppermint essential oil or ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup gluten free mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients except chocolate chips, and stir until well mixed.
- In a double broiler, add chocolate chips and cook until the chocolate becomes a thick liquid.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 15 cupcake liners or silicone liners.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the chocolate to create a thin layer. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let the chocolate thicken.
- Remove pan from the freezer. Now to create the middle layer, scoop approximately 1 teaspoon of the coconut/peppermint mixture and pour into each liner. This will be over the hardened chocolate layer. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to the new layer solidify.
- Remove from freezer and top with the remaining melted chocolate to create the final top layer.
Return to freezer for approximately 10 – 15 minutes to solidify.
- When ready to serve, take out of the refrigerator and remove the cupcake liner.
- Keep in refrigerator or freezer when not serving to prevent melting.