The Hidden Dangers of Plugins, Candles & Dryer Sheets- Common Toxins Found in Homes!
There are many products we use around the home that provide a fresh and clean smell, but often they cause more harm than good. Plugins, candles, and dryer sheets can all pose risks to adults, children, and even pets. There are common toxins and hidden dangers in these products that we should all learn about. Let’s find out why and solutions to easily kick them out with safe choices.
My Personal Testimony- This is where I pause and tell you a little of my story!
I am a mom of 4- and they mean the world to me. Insomnia, Lacking Key Nutrients, Vomiting, Allergies, Rashes and more… They were getting sick and I needed to become an advocate: a nurse, an investigator, a trainer, a food expert… well I mean a MOM! I have learned what goes in and on their bodies and we have healed from the inside out by making small changes one at a time. Read on to find out Why YOU should and how EASY it really is!
The National Institute of Health (NIH) has published studies and newsletters- Click Here for a article on “Making a Healthier Home”
When endocrine disruptors get into your body, they can mimic or block the natural your body makes. Evidence suggests that endocrine disruptors might reduce fertility, raise the risk for some cancers, or cause other harms. These chemicals may pose their greatest health risks when people are exposed in the womb or during their first few years of life, when hormones are guiding development of the body’s organs and brain
-(NIH Newsletter, Dec. 2016).
Modern air fresheners simply plug into the wall and emit a fragrance, but they are 100% synthetic. The scent inside this devices is composed of a scented gel. The main concern with this type of product are the phthalates that it contains. Almost all plugins contain phthalates, which are also present in cosmetics, pesticides, paints, plastics, and aerosol sprays. They have been identified as being hormonally disruptive to the body, according to the NRDC and the State of California. They may also cause allergies and asthma too. CLICK HERE to read more about the RAW TRUTH!
Most candles sold in the store are made of paraffin wax, which is a type of petroleum waste product that has been deodorized and bleached before it’s turned into wax. Unfortunately, when this type of wax is burned, it releases benzene and toluene, which are both known carcinogens. The toxins that are released from the wax candles are also the same as those emitted from diesel-fueled vehicles. CLICK HERE to read more about the hidden dangers of scented candles by a great company called IQ AIR!
It’s not just the wax that is the problem either. Often they have wicks that contain lead, which get into the air after they’re burned. Even though the USA has regulations in place to ensure that candle wicks should only be made of cotton or paper, studies have been done to show them that they do contain up to 30% of heavy metals within the wicks. Released lead can lead to hormonal disruption, learning disabilities in children, and many other health problems. There are also many other chemicals released during the burning of candles that are all harmful to our health.
Dryer sheets also cause problems that can easily be avoided by stopping their usage. Not only can the chemicals within the dryer sheets cause allergies in the skin, but their scent can also cause sniffling and sneezing. Often it takes long-term exposure to develop this sensitivity in even people who normally don’t suffer any allergies.
When dryer sheets are heated in the dryer, they release toxic substance. Some of them are even carcinogens that can accumulate inside your body over time, and cause tumors. Nervous system disorders have also been known to occur after using these types of products.
While most people can agree that there is a need for plugins, candles, and dryer sheets, there can be higher risks of exposing your family to toxic chemicals. The Environmental Working Group is a fantastic Resource that has apps to download to help you become an educated consumer with features that can read bar-codes and learn to read labels.
The best solution is to seek alternative types of products that will freshen your laundry and your home.
Here are some QUICK suggestions of products that help you kick out toxins in a SNAP!…
- Plugins– Instead of using plugin air fresheners, instead, you can scent your home with Young Living Essential Oils. You can use a diffuser “plugin” and use drops of Pure Essential Oils.
- Candles– Instead use a diffuser- Young Living has a great Kit with all you need including a Dessert Mist Diffuser that has a Candle Flicker Feature!
- Dryer Sheets– Use Pure Wool Dryer Balls. They are safe, effective and cost much less than the Toxic Dryer Sheets! CLICK HERE to buy on Amazon.
Want to know more? Ready to get started healing on the inside out?
You can get started!
- Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and you will instantly get a copy of Six Simple Salad Dressings FREE!
- Subscribe on the top bar to receive updated posts that contain articles, recipes and tips!
- If you are wanting to get started with a LIFESTYLE of Feeling Amazing you can get the Clean Eating Works! eBook for $5 (CLICK HERE)! It will guide you on a month of eating clean – and encourage you along the way!
- If you are wanting to make some of your own Bath & Beauty Products to remove toxins out of your every day you can get SIMPLY BLENDED! eBook for $3
- You can remove toxins out of your home with 100% Pure Essential Oils and Household Cleaner by Starting with a Young Living Starter Kit TODAY! CLICK HERE!
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!