Mornings are EASY with this Clean Eating DIY Granola!
No more reading labels on boxed cereals when you can make this supportive breakfast cereal or topping in a snap! Roasted oats lightly sweetened with a natural and low glycemic sweetener and some clean ad-ins offers you and your littles variety… and we all need that! This week I JUST REALLY needed chocolate and cherry with a few more surprises. If you are new to the clean eating world- take a peek at the labels on the cereal and see if you really know what all those ingredients are- including the vitamins! Take a look at the difference between Folic Acid and Folate by clicking here!
Idea & Tip! You can change up your mornings by adding this easy granola to top off a smoothie bowl that has some natural Folate in leafy greens that is easier for your body to process.
4 cups Oats, old-fashioned
1/3 cup Maple syrup
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 tsp Sea salt
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted (or avacado oil)
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
*Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
*Unsweetened Dried Cherries (Trader Joe’s)
*For a touch of Fall add a drop of Thieves, Ginger or Nutmeg Essential Oil into the Vanilla extract and toss in after baking. Be sure to use essential oils that are labeled safe for consumption/ingestion like Young Living’s Vitality Line. Click Here to learn more, or watch my videos on You Tube!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate mixing cup, stir together the oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut/or/avacado oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through (tongs are great!).
- Remove from the oven and let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips and and any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.. if it last that long!
*Cleanly Consumed is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees and linking to www.cleanlyconsumed.com
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!