3 Ingredient Natural Body Lotion-
Your skin is the largest organ on your body and it is porous. Your skin absorbs whatever you put on it within 26 seconds. This includes things we can control, and things we can’t control. Don’t fret- this recipe helps you control what is in your body lotion. This 3 Ingredient Natural Body Lotion is a great alternative to those with a long list of ingredients. You could literally eat it if you needed to!
You may already have some of these items in your kitchen! Coconut Oil has many benefits! I often by Dr. Bronner’s Organic Coconut Oil from Amazon, or I will pick up a Triple Filtered Organic Coconut Oil from Trader Joe’s. Coconut Oil that is triple filtered has a tendency to have a more mild scent. There are many ways you can use coconut oil in your beauty routine, including as a gentle face scrub & cleanser.
Body Lotion Ingredients:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Shea Butter (Softened)
- 10-15 Drops of Essential Oil (Start with 10 and test for preference)
*I added in some culinary grade lavender buds for gift giving
- Place 1/3 cup of Shea Butter in microwave safe dish and soften for 15 seconds (or place in a glass dish in a hot water bath)
- Add in 1/3 Cups of Coconut Oil (Not Melted)
- Drop in 10 drops or more of Essential Oil (Lavender, Frankincense & Peppermint are great for the skin) (Tea Tree and Purification may be a good choice if you have greater skin concerns)
- Whip with handheld mixer until incorporated and fluffy. This can take up to 15 minutes- you will know when it is done!
If it is not whipping- you may need to place in refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up. If you do this- be sure to use a silicone spatula to get it off the sides beforehand or that part will be stuck to the bowl.
That is it!!! It works great in 4 Ounce Mason Jars!
*Cleanly Consumed is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees and linking to www.cleanlyconsumed.com
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!