Ready to Feel Better with a CRAP Focused Diet?
What? Yes- these 4 Letters mean so much when it comes to feeling better!!! Stay with me here because I know it is possible! It does focus on eliminating processed foods and here is why….
C- Carbonated Drinks!
They are an addiction for people of all ages- adults and sadly kids too. This really includes more than just carbonated beverages- but also lemonade, milkshakes and fruit juices…. and “vitamin waters” that often contain synthetic vitamins that not everyone can process.
R- Refined Sugar!
This is a rather large category because most food within the aisles at stores have some form of sugar in the label: refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. They are included in pastries, cakes, cookies but also in yogurt, cereals, pasta sauces and lunch meats! Those processed foods that show up at school lunches and parties!
A- Artificial Colors and Flavorings!
These are anti-nutrients working against your body. Now is also a good time to mention Alcohol- which is like death for those with leaky gut. Take a peek at the label so you avoid processed food ingredients and grab those that have natural sweeteners and colorings like turmeric and beet juice powder. Trader Joe’s has some great alternatives for those candy days that come up once and a while.
Processed Foods & Products!
You want to shop along the stores borders where the food is refrigerated or there is a staff member that prepares in-house healthy items. Heavily processed foods like ice cream, sausages, hams, smoked and cured meats are likely to contain all of the above, plus trans fats.
Don’t feel like you are depriving your body- you are actually supporting your body. Eat Clean 80 % of the time and make the healthier choice you can the other 20% of the time. If a little cheat becomes a habit- then reduce those cheat days for your personal goals!
Now- you may be wondering what you CAN have?
You will want to drink as much water as you can! You can add some Hot Tea, and Coffee as long as you focus on less caffeinated choices.
Want to know more about how the foods you eat impact your health? Read this article on How I Got Rid of My Life Long Battle with Sinus Infections!
In this article I discuss food that bothered me personally and other changes I made in my house and home to improve our overall health! I also highlight The AutoImmune Solution by Dr. Amy Myers!
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey, step by step with resources, guides and a TON of encouragement along the way. You can do this- because step by step we did too!