These Air-Fried Artichoke Hearts were so simple to make and were GONE in no time!
I used Frozen (it’s ok!!!- no additives!!!) Artichoke Hearts I found at Whole Foods- they worked perfectly! I try to avoid canned items that have *citric acid in them because that rarely means naturally derived. Some commercialized Citric Acid is “grown” in bulk using mold to crystallize (Aspergillus Niger a common mold) it rather than acid from citrus. It doesn’t bother everyone but it does bother me. Just something to consider if you find certain foods bother you and you can’t figure out why.
I use the Air Fryer from GoWise USA and I haven’t had any problems with it. It is available via Amazon. You can also find air fryers with retailers like Williams Sonoma.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Bag of Frozen Artichoke Hearts (Preservative Free)
- 1 Cup Arrowroot Flour (Gluten Free & Easily Digestible)
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Herb de Provence
- Clean Oil or Ghee for Coating Air Fryer Basket
- Mix 1 Cup of Arrowroot Flour in a Bowl with the Herb de Provence and incorporate
- In a separate bowl whisk 1-2 eggs to create an egg wash
- Dip each artichoke in the egg mixture and transfer to flour mixture for coating (be sure to keep the flour mix from your hands out of the egg wash)
- Coat basket of Air Fryer with Ghee or a Clean Oil to prevent sticking
- Set Air Fryer on the Chips feature for 15 minutes
- Using tongs carefully flip the artichokes half way
*Optional mix 1/4 Cup of "Clean Mayonnaise" with fresh herbs like Oregano, Thyme or Dill and 1/2 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice for dipping.
Join the Journey!
Get a Jump Start Now.
Clean Eating Shopping Guide for Free!