Nutrient Rich- Roasted Cabbage Wedges
If you are looking for a super easy nutrient rich side-dish, then you will love these cabbage recipes in this post! I never knew what was hidden inside these leafy greens. Now we are a cabbage lovin’ family! Cabbage (Vitamins A,C, K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folate, B6, Niacin & Biotin) Yes- Really! Chopping up cabbage and adding a quick dressing (you can subscribe and instantly get my Six Simple Salad Dressing Recipe e-Book!) make a great start to any dinner! Avoiding grains? Roll up your sandwich in a hearty piece of cabbage instead. Okay, now let’s get into the wedge of it….
Roasted Cabbage- it is amazing how roasting makes the hidden flavor in cabbage come out. Cabbage is a super cheap green that is rich in Vitamin C, manganese and has antioxidants. This power food is a win-win- cheap, quick and power packed!
*Preheat oven to 350
1. Cut cabbage into wedges (I cut and rinse/drain in my over the sink colander)
2. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet
3. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and minced garlic, Celtic Salt & pepper into bowl and whisk
4. Drizzle over wedges and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
5. Finish off on high broil setting just until the outer leaves get browned
That’s it- that is all there is to do to reap the benefits of a leafy green!
Get a Jump Start Now.
Clean Eating Shopping Guide for Free!