Comfort Food! Meatloaf Stuffed Bell Peppers
A new yet old spin on Meatloaf and Stuffed Peppers! This recipe is great with Ground Turkey too! Wanting a clean sauce to put on top you can use a clean brand of ketchup like Wellbee’s (available on Amazon Here) or making your own version! The blog site Clean Cuisine has GREAT recipe for all of your condiments! Check our her site here!
6 large bell peppers (red, yellow and/or orange)
2 lbs lean ground beef, browned
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
½ cup flax seed meal
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, diced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
*Optional Topping (Grass-Fed Sourced shredded cheese, ground pinenuts or crumbled turkey bacon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the tops of the bell peppers off. Cut out ribs and seeds.
- Place peppers in a square baking dish standing straight up.
- Place the sliced celery and diced onion and olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook, stirring frequently till softened. Add the ground beef, minced garlic, pepper flakes and cook till beef is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Let cool slightly. Place meat mixture in a large bowl and then add the flax meal, egg and tomatoes and parsley and mix well.
- Using a spoon, add mixture to each bell pepper and push down so all the corners of bell peppers are stuffed. Cover and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cover with cheese unless you are going dairy free. Place back in oven for 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 10 minutes. Serve on place and garnish with fresh diced parsley to add a touch of freshness and color.
Join the Journey!
Let's get started! Be supported in your Clean Living Journey.
Start with the Six Simple Salad Dressings e-Book for Free!