Clean Eating Non-Dairy Chocolate Ice-Cream!
This is a great recipe to have on hand…even if your family can tolerate dairy….why??? Because you never know when you will have a guest that can’t have traditional ice cream and this is easy. It is quick to prepare… but it does need time to freeze. My oldest boys had a birthday party recently and there were a few, including our guys, that needed a non-dairy option. Not only did they like it, they were also happy that they were able to have ice-cream at a birthday party!
*One can of Coconut Milk should be shaken and placed in back of refrigerator overnight for best results.
- 1 Can Organic Coconut Milk (Whole Foods or Native Forest Classic is what I use- this has the Guar Gum in it- which allows it to whip and add that creamy texture) Ingredients in the can: Organic coconut, Purified water, Organic guar gum
- 4 Tablespoons of Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/3 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender
- Pour liquid into a ice cream maker or alternatively you can pour into a container or a parchment lined loaf pan
- Freeze until ready
- *Set out before serving so it can soften or you soften in microwave for 15-20 seconds depending on the strength on your oven settings.
- Top with Cacao Nibs, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Diced Fruit.