Clean Eating Cod
This recipe is even an all thumbs up for kids! If it wasn’t easy and clean I wouldn’t make it- especially on a summer day filled with action and adventure.
- 1 Fillet of Cod (divided up into 6 pieces) Each the size of fitting in the palm of your hand
- 1 Cup Arrow Root Flour/Starch
- 2 Whole Raw Eggs- whisked in a small bowl
- Tablespoon of mixed herbs- Thyme, Rosemary, Salt & Pepper- or whatever you have on hand
- 2 Tablespoons of Ghee
- In a small bowl, whisk two eggs
- In a medium bowl add the arrowroot flour and herbs
- Dip one fillet into egg mixture and toss into flour. Brush off excess.
- Melt Ghee in Skillet over Medium Heat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
For a quick clean tartar sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Primal Brand Mayonnaise (Avocado Oil based)
- 1 Chopped Organic Pickle
- 1 /2 Teaspoon Organic Dried Dill
- Salt and Pepper and/or Paprika
I have also prepared this using my air fryer. Same steps as above- but spray or coat the lining basket and set air fryer for fish- usually 10-12 minutes.